For an Instant

 
I stood in line abiding my time
Deciding on a latte or regular
when I heard the chime
I turned on a dime, watching him
Enter
 Tall , dark and sleek
An ancient Greek, he smiled
And I wanted his lovechild

And just for the briefest of beats
 I imagined myself his lover,
 his submissive, his Muse
 and his friend  blended
in passion

For a second I held my breath
 and let the tingle run through my loins
like Desdemona, no longer single
till death do us part
 I felt out of breath


For an instant
 I saw a wild, intense
  insane affair commence
  filling my days  with exotic  bliss
my nights with appointed trysts
and I was beguiled
Symbiotic

A split second
This was something unique,
  special and raw
sexual,  electric
epic, non apologetic

 one sixtieth of a minute
 he’s the pipeline
to my lifeline
the guideline to
my  once-in-a-lifetime

Whose next?
Broken into
 my musing

I smiled  back
 shaking my head
with complete certainty
it wasn’t meant to be
at least not this lifetime
maybe the next

stepping forward
I ordered my latte  to go



Copyright © 2013-14 Glynis Rankin