Shameless

Yeah this is another shameless plug for my book The Between 
This comptemparay drama is about a woman forced to attend her family's yearly reunion after missing many years. She will meet beloved cousins, cherished aunts and uncles and family members you will just love to hate while trying to seem joyous to see them all.
Michele has lost a great deal in the past and has felt like an outcast, the black sheep in her for many years. This reunion couldn't have come at a worst time in her life when her world has been turned upside down, but it's actually here, among family that she will have her eyes opened to what is really true.
coverpic3d (2)
Excerpt
The variety of cars, trucks and vans along this stretch of the narrow two-lane highway, which ran in front of my childhood home, cluttered the road. It took me a while, but I managed to find a spot between a truck and minivan to park my Ford Explorer. I kept it in drive while gazing out of the passenger's window, debating whether to just keep driving.
 It seemed every member of my extended family attended this year’s welcoming party, delighted to mark the start of the reunion. Yet around these people and their happy smiling faces, I wasn't joyful or amused. In fact I felt depressed looking at their carefree faces enjoying this late summer day.  
 I turned the steering wheel to pull away, with freedom within my grasp. That’s when I heard the high pitched voice of my eldest sister Janis, calling out to me.
"Michele, come say hello to everyone!"  She demanded.
 I sighed, defeated.


Copyright © 2013 Glynis Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, you know what I want!