Flashback Thusday/The Long Kiss Goodnight



 I'm a big Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson fan so when this movie hit the big screen in 1996 I was thrilled. The Long Kiss Goodnight is an action thriller written by Shane Black and directed by Renny Harlin. It was distributed by New Line Cinema, Subsidiary of Warner Bros.


Now that I've got that out of the way, let's talk. This film is about an amnesiac schoolteacher that, with the help of an alcoholic private eye, discovers she's actually a government assassin left for dead by her former agency which is now trying to eliminate her for good. 
I think spy/action movies and books with female kick-ass leads are more entertaining and dramatic than male, just saying. Who doesn't want to see a woman beat the crap out of a man or another female.
I don't know about you, but the mark of a good movie for me is how many lines stick in my mind. This movie has some wonderful clever lines. 
  Life is pain. Get used to it.
**
 Ya want me to stick it in my pants and shoot my damn dick off?
  Now you're a sharpshooter?
 **
Oh honey, only four inches?
  You'll feel me.
**
That's a duck, not a dick.
**
Da da da da da, putting my keys in my left pocket...da da da da da, my gun in my right...
**
What have we learned about the dangers of smoking? Give it here. Thanks. Tell anyone you saw me... I'll blow your fucking head off.
**
is that I'm always frank and earnest with women;
In New York, I'm Frank  in Chicago, I'm Earnest
 The dialogue between Geena Davis Samantha Caine/Charly Baltimore and Samuel L. Jackson Mitch Hennessey is absolutely  priceless.
Well this is my Flashback this week. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the movie!

Cover of "The Long Kiss Goodnight"
Cover: The Long Kiss Goodnight



I do not own this film, if I am asked to remove this film I will do so immediately.
You can buy it on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, you know what I want!