Snip-it Sunday/ Obstacle


snip it
Welcome to Snip-it Sunday Challenge.
Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to add their snip of fiction. You should write a 100 word creative response to the weekly prompt. The prompt might be a picture or just a word. Please post your response link in the comment. It can be whatever you like, it should stand alone. It is after all a snippet. I would suggest that if you write something that the normal person would find offensive to please post a disclaimer.
Thank you to everyone that joined me last week or just added a comment. I read some great Snip-it from some amazing writers. If you haven't read the Snips from last week here is the link.
Now on to this week Snip-it Sunday Challenge. This was been a trying week for me. So many things have conspired to stop me from writing. So the challenge this week is to Snip a 100 word creative response using the word obstacle. You have until next week this time to add your response.  Good luck!
My response is a snip from my book Ralph I call it
Tree Peace
Theresa walked around the ancient tree looking up at its large branches and the thickness of its crown; careful to step over the obstacles of large exposed supporting roots. Rich leaves were full on every branch and they moved slowly with the slightest of breeze. She saw a squirrel playing on one large limb and heard a few birds chirping somewhere else. Nearly thirty, she had loved and loss, no one would call her na├»ve, but Theresa felt like an adolescent standing before an elder seeking wisdom. She felt peace, like she never felt before, standing under this age-old tree.


Copyright © 2013 Glynis Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, you know what I want!