Snip-it Sunday/ Granger




Welcome to Snip-it Sunday. Snippets work for linear writers who write full scenes in sequences as well as those writers who have to commit ideas to paper before they forget.

 We all have tons of snippets scribbled on a pieces of paper, flashcards or on the back of notebooks full of more snippets. So what are you doing with them, just letting them pile up? Why don't you share those small scenes and join Snip-it Sunday.

 This weeks prompt is a 150 word snip of your current WIP. Please add your link to the comments. I would love to read what you have to offer.  

  My snippet is another snip from my WIP Grangers. This story is going well and I hope to have it out this fall, with a lot of hard work that is, wish me luck. Please let me know what you think about this story so far.

Grangers Chapter 1 pg 11

 Clark stopped to stare a me. He staggered back but kept his balance. He was weighing me with his eyes, I could tell. 
“Young man,” he began, his words slurred. “I didn’t mean any disrespect. But you are just out of college, and neither of you have a job.”
 “I got a job!”
He sighed. “Look, I know how things can be just starting out. Sasha is my only child...”
 “She’s going to be my wife! I got this man!”
Clark stepped to me like he was going to jump. So what’s it goin’ be, I though not backing down?  We stared at each another, waiting to see who was going to throw first.
 He glared at me with those dark eyes, then shrugged. I guess he thought better about having something jump off at his home. “I’m just offering you an option.”  
 “Yea right,” I said, as he walked away.

Copyright © 2013 Glynis Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, you know what I want!