Charlotte's Web





Today marked the 60th anniversary  of  the acclaim children's book Charlotte's Web. It is one of my favorite stories, no just a favorite children's story. It was written  by American author E. B. White and published in 1952. It  featured a pig named Wilbur and his spider friend Charlotte who saved him from slaughter. This heartwarming story is considered a classic of children's literature and is enjoyable by adults as well as children for it touches us all in a very special way. E. B. White wrote a story that comprised the joy he took in the changing of the seasons, in farm life, in the miracles of life and death, and the glory of all things.


White wrote a wonderful story with everything a writer wants out of a book.
 It has friendship, love and caring, it’s also funny, serious, and sad. And for me a second grader reading this story for the first time, I didn't want to stop reading it. It ran through my mind over and over again and opened my eyes to the difference in people. Teaching me a lesson, that I should accept others for who they are, because I just might find a friend.

Charlotte’s Web has been turned into a featured movie and an audio book. I heard that when White was reading the story he had to stop 17 times when he came to the part about Charlotte’s dead. How touching that an author still felt passionate about a character he brought to life after so many years. E. B. White

Happy 60th anniversary  Charlotte’s Web.