Five Sentence Fiction~ Wheels

Five Sentence Fiction Challenge: write a five sentence story based on the prompt word.

This week’s word: WHEELS

The pirates of the Night Rambler celebrated finding a King’s treasure, but the Captain abstained.  He went to the lower levels of the ship, avoiding the ballast and slimy, reeking water and around large wooden victuals casks.
  “Avast, me proud beauty, it’s time we left!” 

The frighten woman peeked out from behind a cask, “ Is it safe?”


  “Arrr,” The pirate left his ship with both treasures under the night’s shadows while a fuse burned next to the ship’s wheel.      


Copyright © 2014 Glynis Rankin

2 comments:

  1. The car fishtailed as I gently pressed the gas pedal along side the brakes. Spinning the steering wheel to face the tires in the direction I wanted to go, the rest of the vehicle obeyed and followed. When I crossed the edge of the pavement, I locked the wheels with the handbrake and skidded sideways into the tight space.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, you know what I want!