Ligo Haibun Challenge/ Free Fall




Welcome Ligo Haibun Challengers, friends, family and visitors. 

It is not enough to know how to ride – you must also know how to fall. – Mexican Proverb

                                                        Free Fall
It was a  beautiful sunny day, there were no clouds in the sky just a radiate blue. I stepped to the edge of the cliff as the wind blew cool across my face, feeling my heart beat hard against my chest. This was the day I would learn how to fall. 

Fear made me put this off for as long as I possibly could. For days I talked myself out of doing anything. "I'll  wait and do it  tomorrow," I told myself.  But each tomorrow was the same as the day before, while haunting my nights with fearful dreams.

As a child my dreams were of flight and when I took my first solo Free-flight I knew I would do this the rest of my life. The day of my accident, the wind was high like today. Everything started out fine, I knew my parachutes wasn't  designed to be open at top speeds. I had just turned  "face to earth," to slow down but my chute deployed half-way. I spun out of control, the world was a dizzy blur and then I saw nothing.  My injures were server but I lived, only to fear what my heart desired.

Today was a new day in my story, a day I would conquer my fear of falling. I stepped closer to the edge took a deep breath and went flying belly to earth.


breathless, free falling
 limitless, the wind dear friend
the sky my home coming

Līgo Haibun Challenge





Copyright © 2013 Glynis Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, you know what I want!