Trifecta: Week Ninety-Six / Shooter





Trifecta: Week Ninety-Six
  Trifecta: Week Ninety-Six/ Picture it & Write
Welcome guys, this week I combine challenges Picture it& Write with Trifecta Challenge. I thought with this picture and this week word (Animal) was a great match. I hope that it works well for both. Its 333 word story simply called...

                                                  Shooter



“It seems like you were in there forever?” Tommy said, frowning at me over the top of the car.
“Forty eight days Tommy! Forty eight days trapped in a nut house with nothing to do but watch crazy people eat crayons and talk to themselves.”  I told him opening the car door to throw my bag inside before hopping in.
“That would make you crazy!”
Tommy hopped in and buckled himself. “Damn, girl! That’s messed up so what did they have you doing?”
My boss’ face was in a deep frown when he turned the key.  He had to pick me up since they seized my car at the scene. “They had me in a group with mixed nuts talking about our problems.”
“That’s funny, you got the problem.”  
 “Those forty eight days were no joke Tommy.”  I told him, thinking about those nights when someone was screaming bloody murder and all the pills they pushed at me.

“Man Chary, you were like really in a room full crazy people.” Tommy declared with humor. “Did you take pictures?”

 “No, they took everything, crazy remember.”
Tommy nodded. “Someone eating crayons though,” he reiterated. “That would have gone viral in minutes,” he said laughing.
“Probably,” I said, feeling detachment from a life engrossed with social media after so long. It was my need to get the picture, which put me in the famous Hollywood mental facility Stockhaven.  
“So you … ah… got it?” Tommy asked taking a quick look at me from the corner of his eyes. 
 “Damn Skippy.” I reached over the seat to get my bag.  The small flash drive was in the secret compartment. It took two minutes to get it together while Tommy parked.


  “I had to go along with him, couldn’t keep up so it’s blurred. But that’s our star, nude, high and look at that animal go!”   
Tommy beamed watching it twice.

“So how much?”
“Millions baby.”
  Life as a Paparazzi is hell but so damn worth it.



3  :  a human being considered chiefly as physical or nonrational; also :  this nature - See more at: http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/#sthash.WOiidTq2.dpuf
Trifecta: Week Ninety-Six
Copyright © 2013 Glynis Rankin

8 comments:

  1. Love where this goes! Big smile on your last line! Thanks for linking up and don't forget to come back and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and cool take and I agree with Trifecta,that last line made me smile too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fascinating. I'm not sure that I'd agree 48 days in that place was worth the photo. What if she starts craving crayons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crayon detail was terrific, and the 48 days intriguing.
    Excellent last line.
    Stockhaven. lol

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, you know what I want!