On A Clear Day



 
Spring has sprung and  I know that most of the country is still experiencing winter weather  conditions. But here,  in the dirty south, it's a lovely sunny  65 degrees. I don't know about everyone else, but I find it hard to sit in front of a computer and write when the weather is like this.

Raining, cold, and dark, I can spend hours writing  a story of the grim and macabre.  Those conditions evoke images within my psyche to create wonderful imagery. They move me to pursue mysteries, murder and mayhem in dark spooky places. Gruesome landscapes of murder scenes, weathering rock extend deep underground areas where  darkness abounds are easily contrived. 

However, I dream of days like this, playing in the sun on a soccer field, riding my bike, or digging in the dirt to plant a garden, any of the millions of outdoor actives. They make me I feel like a weary soul being called to my lover's bed after a long hard day at work, no way can I resist that pull. 


On A Clear Day
Rise and look around you
And you'll see who you are.
On a clear day
How it will astound you
That the glow of your being outshines ev'ry star.

You'll feel part of ev'ry mountain sea and shore.
You can hear, from far and near,
A world you've never heard before.
And on a clear day...
On that clear day...
You can see forever and ever more!
On a clear day, I write about what I see, hear and feel more clearly than in the winter. On a clear day, although it's much harder to sit at my computer,  I always have a pad to write down my thoughts, reactions and feelings as  I go about my day. On this clear day, I sat at the park watching children at play while thinking of stories that I can't wait to go home and write.
So, although it's a beautiful day, I still feel the urging of another lover to come and explore a world I never knew before.  To take the time to sit in front of my computer and write.

The lyrics are from  Barbara  Streisand's movie "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever."  If you have never seen this movie I suggest you pick it up. 







Copyright © 2013 Glynis Rankin